On December 1, 2020 the International Doctoral School organized a training entitled “Information Seeking and Literature Review” for PhD students registered at Ilia State University.
The main questions/topics covered during the session were:
- The effective usage of academic databases – How can we classify them and what should we know before starting to search for the scientific sources?
- How to use the databases: ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Global; ProQuest Research Library; Sage Publishing; Taylor and Francis Online; ScienceDirect.
- How can the credibility of scientific sources be assessed? (Citation Index; H-index and Impact-Factor). The usage of Scopus, Web of Science and Journal Citation Report will be demonstrated.
- Ilia Uni Library Database-How to use them.
- Reference Management Systems – Mendeley, Endnote.
The workshop was helpful for young researchers, especially those who are working on scientific publication. The attendees had an opportunity to actively participate in the workshop and thoroughly discusses the issues as referred above.The workshop has been organized in cooperation with the Library of Ilia State University.
About the trainer:
Giga Khositashvili is Deputy Library Director at ISU. He holds his MA degree in Information and Library Sciences and has been working at ISU library for almost ten years. He has done exchange studies at Tallinn University (Estonia) and study placement at Middlesex University Library (UK). Science 2011, he has done staff mobility for training purposes at Linkoping University and University of Uppsala libraries (Sweden); Valladolid University Library in Spain; University of Porto in Portugal and many others. In addition to this, he is also teaching different courses at the Academic Writing Center at ISU. You can find more about him in the following link